Meal and Textbook Assistance ONLINE Applications Program
Simplifies the process of filling out assistance applications and submitting them for approval to your student's school or district. Through a series of data entry screens, you can complete and submit your application quickly and easily.
Begin your Online Application at www.mymealtime.com
- Select the Free and Reduced Applications button.
- Follow the easy online prompts to complete your application.
- You can submit an application for a single child or for an entire family.
- All student data that is transmitted is encrypted and authenticated every time you use the website.
- All types of applications can be submitted – Income-based, Foster child, Categorical Certification, etc.
- If you begin your application and find you need to get more information before you can continue, you can save your application session and re-open it later.
- When you've completed your application, you will be prompted to enter your electronic signature. Then click "Submit", and you're finished!
- You will be notified of the outcome by your student's school or district within the legal time limit. That's all there is to it!
- MealTime Online can also be used to make prepay deposits and payments on balances for your student's school lunch account.
Please click the above link to go directly to the paper application and instructions.
Meal and Textbook Assistance Applications are available AFTER JULY 4th to families who believe they may qualify. If your family chooses to apply please complete a "Meal Assistance Application Form." The forms can be obtained and returned (completed) to any school office. You will be notified by mail of your child's status. Until notification you must provide your child with a lunch or lunch money.
ONLY COMPLETE ONE APPLICATION PER FAMILY. Applications can be submitted at any time during the school year. Applications are processed through the Food Service Office located in the Griffith High School and can take up to 10 days. The information you give will be used to determine or prove your child's eligibility for free or reduced-priced meals. This information may also be used for other state or federally funded school benefits.
Factors considered in the application process are household size and total household income. HOUSEHOLD SIZE is considered all persons, related or unrelated: Including parents, children, grandparents who live in your home and share living expenses. The TOTAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME is the income each household member received last month before taxes - this includes wages, social security, pension, unemployment, welfare, child support, alimony, and any other cash income.
Foster Children - Foster children are eligible for free and reduced-price meals regardless of your income. If you have foster children living with you and want to apply for them, please contact us.
TURN IN APPLICATIONS TO: After filing out your meal assistance application COMPLETELY you may turn it in to the Griffith Schools Food Service Department located at the Griffith High school,at any Griffith School office, Central Office or at any school cafeteria. Applications may NOT be faxed or emailed. We only accept original applications.
FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS: Remember to follow ALL DIRECTONS and check your application for COMPLETENESS and that you have SIGNED in all indicated areas. Check the BACK of the application for COMPLETNESS as well. Applications that are NOT completed correctly will be returned and cannot be processed until correctly completed.
If you have any questions please contact the Griffith Public Schools Food Service Office at 219.924.4250 ext 3114.